Citric Acid 30% Pro Peel
Citric Acid is an alpha hydroxy acid derived from citrus fruits, is a light, superficial alpha hydroxy exfoliator that has the skin benefits associated with those compounds as well as excellent antioxidant activity due to free radical scavenging effects.
Citric acid works to thicken the epidermis, and increase the hyaluronic acid content in the skin, allowing the skin to more effectively attract and hold moisture. It will also exfoliate the skin’s impacted surface cells and is a natural skin brightener and softener.
In clinical studies using concentrations of citric acid ranging from 10% to 25%, it has been shown to cause visible improvement in skin quality consistent with histological changes in the epidermis and dermis that included smoothing of the stratum corneum, increases in viable epidermal thickness, collagen synthesis and density of water-binding glycosoaminoglycans, as well as improvement in the quality of elastic fibers.
Citric Acid Benefits:
- Combines antioxidant & rejuvenation effects
- Citric acid increases epidermal thickness
- Increases in epidermal and dermal glycosaminoglycans
L-Malic Acid( Apple Acid) Benefits:
- Supports natural cell renewal
- Improves the appearance of wrinkles
- Oncology skincare
- Sensitive skin types
- All skin tones
- Used as a pre-treatment step prior to application of AHA peel
- Can be used in the evening, as part of a skincare program
- For skin types that desire exfoliation without peeling
Best Uses: Poor skin texture, sensitive skin, uneven skin tone, enlarged pores
Citric Acid Peel 30% Features:
- Professional/ Salon use
- Pre or post peels
- Use to help absorption of ingredients
- 100% Fragrance Free
- Dye/Colorant Free
- Alcohol Free
- Made in the USA
- Not tested on animals
- Softens rough texture
- Improves uneven tone
- Exfoliates the complexion
- Neutralizes free radicals
Ingredients: Water(Aqua), Citric Acid, L-Malic Acid, Sodium PCA, Sodium Lactate, L-Arginine, Propanediol, Benzylalcohol*, Dehydroacetic Acid*.